Art Director / Designer
Welcome to Rare Cool Stuff!
Not all Rare Cool Stuff projects are available to the public, though. Some of our projects are custom limited editions we produced for clients. As co-founder Geoff Gans puts it, “They’re so rare and cool, no one else can get them.”
The good news: You can still see and hear sights and sounds from many of these projects here at Rare Cool Stuff. Enjoy your visit!
Who We Are, What We Do
Rare Cool Stuff Partners
- Geoff Gans, Rare Cool Stuff Co-Founder, Art Director/Designer and Producer, and head of his own Geoff Gans Design, is a five-time Grammy nominee who has created high-end boxed sets, album and book packages for creatively driven clients such as Bob Dylan, Paul Simon, John Fogerty, Sony Music, Concord Music Group, and the Morrison Hotel Gallery, among others. Read more about Geoff.GEOFF GANS
Art Director / Designer
- Gary Gonzales, Rare Cool Stuff Unltd.’s Vice President of Packaging and Print Media, is a specialist in all forms of packaging. He also specializes in sourcing certified sustainably produced paper for use in "green" print media. Gary managed and produced the sustainable packaging and contents for Neil Young's “Archives Vol.1” CD boxed set, which earned the 2010 Grammy award for music boxed sets for co-designers Young and famed art director Gary Burden. Read more about Gary.GARY GONZALES
Producer of Print and Packaging
- Stephen K. Peeples, Rare Cool Stuff's Vice President/New Media & Editorial, is a Grammy-nominated record producer ("Monterey International Pop Festival," 1992, his first project with Geoff Gans), an award-winning radio writer/producer ("The Lost Lennon Tapes," original 128 episodes, 1988-1990), and noted author of the book that accompanied the “Les Paul: The Legend & The Legacy” boxed set (1991). Read more about Stephen.STEPHEN K. PEEPLES
- Rare Cool Stuff IT Chief Scott Bowman brings more than two decades of technical experience with multimillion-dollar companies and a passion for pop culture collectibles to Rare Cool Stuff Unltd. Joining Gans and Gonzales in 2010, Bowman is the company’s technical partner and webmaster, as well as an email marketing and social media specialist. Read more about Scott.SCOTT BOWMAN
- Rare Cool Stuff Associate Producer Paige Hagen is a digital artist and writer with experience in copy editing, Web management and social media. Read more about Paige.PAIGE HAGEN
Click buttons to see our partners.
The latest entry in Bob Dylan’s Bootleg Series, “The Basement Tapes Complete” boxed set and companion photo book “LO & Behold,” collects hundreds of unreleased recordings, photographs and memorabilia in two editions.
In the summer of 1967, Bob Dylan and his touring ensemble (later known as Bob Dylan and The Band) recorded more than a hundred traditional folk songs, new originals and off-the-cuff performances in the basement of the “Big Pink” house in West Saugerties, New York. Sixteen of these tracks were released by Columbia Records on the commercially successful “The Basement Tapes” album in 1975. However, the rest have eluded generations of fans and cultural critics.
These rare tracks – many from tapes only discovered recently – finally see the light of day in “The Basement Tapes Complete: The Bootleg Series Vol. 11.” The limited-edition deluxe “The Basement Tapes Complete” is accompanied by “LO & Behold,” an exclusive hard-bound book of rarely seen Dylan photographs and memorabilia reprinted in 120 full-color pages, designed and produced by Rare Cool Stuff Unltd.